12.8.07

Tshirts too much

I seem to collect random stuff. I have tshirts from middle school. Not cool ones with unicorns but ones that say I was an honor student. Is that lame? I have all my old Zoobooks. I still have the Fear Streets that I read. I have buttons from when I worked at a movie theatre in college. I have bathing suits from when I was a lifeguard. . . I was 15! I have every ticket stub from every movie I watched in the cinema from the year 1996 till 2005. That's a lot of tickets. I have a plastic braclet that was given to me at a hot spring in Washington State so that I could get a towel from the staff. I have so much stuff. After living in poverty in a third world country (that global south again) I now feel embarrassed to have so much stuff. Sometimes a kid only has a tuna can and a condom for toys. I am affluent. I gave him the used tuna can. Sometimes I wonder about myself.
I am cleaning everything out now. Everything must go. I should nothing that cannot fit into a compact car and be driven away. Time to clean my house, my stuff, and my conscience.

No comments: