26.6.08

oh, Peace Corps

Every time I enter the office I tend to get the looks. These looks are often immediately followed by, "what are you doing here?" or, "aren't you supposed to be in America?" Yes, many people in the Peace Corps office tend to think I'm no longer a volunteer because I'm like to work. Peace Corps is great but the best part about it is the hands-off mentality. They train and then they let you go. This is good because the actual office is a mecca of bureaucratic mess. Snafu. Shitshow. Call it what you want, it's never efficient. It's a great office, but seriously, do I have to fill out that many forms and talk to this many people to get a refund for 5 dollars? Jhpiego is nice because less red-tape. I get to do what is needed and it takes less time. I often consider myself a Jhpiego intern over PCV. Oh, Peace Corps, you get me every time.

No comments: