22.1.08

If I Was Affluent

Seems like in the movies/books all super rich people have a quirk. Something that makes them eccentric. Miss Humphrey in the James Harriot series is obsessed with Tricky-woo, her prize dog. Howard Hughes was famous for being filthy and pooping in jars. If I had a lot of money what would I do? I would have an entire year where I wore a new pair of socks for every day. That's 365 socks, brand new. I would wear a pair once and then put it in a box. The next day I would put on another new pair. At the end of the year I would then have 365 pairs of socks that had only been worn once. Not too bad.
Socks are the only piece of clothing that gets remarkably worse every time you were them. Matty G said today that socks are one of the few articles of clothing he cannot wear for more than a few days. Underwear? I've gone a week. Socks? That just gross. T-shirts (if you wash them) feel better the more you wear them. That's why thrift store shirts feel so awesome. They've been used. If I was an eccentric rich guy I would have a new pair of socks for every day.

No comments: