21.1.08

Taxi Terror

I was at the Emory kids place in Emmasdale. It was a fun time filled with Butternut Squash Pasta and Wine.
It came time to leave, so we all piled into a taxi, a very stripped-down vehicle. We eventually dropped everyone off but eventually it was just I. Sitting in the back with the spikes from the window cranks pointing towards me. As we were rolling at incredible speeds down Independence Avenue something bizarre happened: the hood came up. We couldn't see at all. I yelled, "shit." The cabby slowed us down and we pulled to the side. It was late, so no cars. It was Independence so the road was straight. That is what saved us. I was even thinking about what it would be like to be in a horrible accident at the time of the opening hood. It was scary. I had adrenaline. It was an incredible experience with transport.

No comments: